2° Investing Initiative experts are taking an active role at COP26, which has placed special emphasis on the role of finance in achieving the Paris Agreement goals. Throughout COP, 2DII are co-organizing side events and appearing at panels to present our research, tools, and insights on the road to net-zero and how financial institutions can contribute to impact in the real economy.
Ahead of COP26 Finance Day, find below a selection of our upcoming side events and other appearances. Learn more on our events page.
- Organizer: Finance for Tomorrow
- Managing Director Thibaut Ghirardi and other experts will discuss tools to help private and public actors develop impact finance
4 November, 10:00 GMT | COP26 Side Event (EU Pavilion): The role of private finance in achieving the goals of the Paris Agreement
- Organizers: UNEP, UNEP-DTU, Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- Executive Director Jakob Thomae will present results of nationally coordinated climate assessments alongside Michel Heijdra, Deputy Treasurer General for the Netherlands
8 November, 16:30 GMT | OS-Climate event on the power of open source in accelerating the transition to Net Zero
- Organizer: OS-Climate
- Head of PACTA Maarten Vleeschhouwer will discuss how the PACTA portfolio alignment methodology can support the Net Zero transition
9 November, 15:55 GMT | Sustainable Innovation Forum 2021: Managing physical climate risk in portfolios
- Organizer: Climate Action
- Jakob Thomae will join a panel discussion alongside reps from S&P Global, Environment Agency Pension Fund, and more
10 November, 18:30 GMT | COP26 Side Event: Driving Net Zero Finance Integrity
- Organizers: 2DII, UNEP-FI, and Climate Policy Initiative
- Thibaut Ghirardi and other experts will discuss what’s needed to align financial flows with the Paris Agreement goals and ensure impact in the real economy